Now Hiring: Housing Specialist
Common Wealth is seeking a motivated, energetic Housing Specialist to assist our team in the management of 146 affordable housing units on Madison’s east and west side. This position involves marketing and leasing, administrative support, and tenant relations. Applicants should have strong administrative and organizational skills. This is a full-time position at 40 hours/week. Pay is $40,000-$42,000, depending on experience, with full benefits.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, handle multiple responsibilities at once, and work effectively both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Experience working with people from low-income homes and racially diverse backgrounds
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants and community agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals and to deal with conflict
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Excellent Internet, word processing, spreadsheet and database skills
- Have own vehicle, clean driving record and liability insurance
- Experience in customer service
- Marketing experience
- Three years of consecutive experience in a paid administrative setting
- Strong personal connections to low-income communities
- Strong personal connections to communities of color
- Familiarity with property management, landlord/tenant law, WHEDA Tax Credit Compliance
and/or Fair Housing training
- Bilingual in Spanish & English
Common Wealth values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Common Wealth values the work of our local schools and educators, and graduates of Madison area high schools are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a complete application packet to: Common Wealth Development, 1501 Williamson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets must contain each of the following: 1) an employment application; 2) a resume; and 3) a cover letter describing your experience. Applications are considered complete only when all three items are received. Applications are available here and at our office at 1501 Williamson Street, Madison.
Applications are accepted until position filled.
No faxes. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials.