Common Wealth is a private non-profit community development corporation incorporated in 1979. Our mission is:
Common Wealth works toward five goals:
1) Provide employment and financial education and opportunities for low-income and at-risk youth;
2) Promote the creation of new living wage jobs for low-to-moderate income people while improving the local business climate;
3) Create affordable housing for people with limited incomes;
4) Preserve and improve older housing stock while preserving the community’s socio-economic diversity; and
5) Involve our constituency in community-building activities.