Common Wealth is a private non-profit community development corporation incorporated in 1979. Our mission is:
Common Wealth supports and preserves the vitality of neighborhoods in the Madison Metropolitan area. Our work serves as the foundational bedrock of healthy community and economic development, with projects aimed at improving the housing and business climate of our neighborhoods through a people-first approach centered on racial equity and community level health improvement.
Core Program Areas:
1) Help young businesses find affordable spaces to get them off the ground;
2) Coach youth and adults to develop job skills and marketability;
3) Provide safe, stable housing opportunities for renters and aspiring home owners;
4) Integrate comprehensive community health approaches to city-wide violence prevention efforts; and
5) Support the retention and sustainability of affordable land through the Madison Area Community Land Trust.