Now Hiring: Business Development Manager
Common Wealth Development is seeking a motivated individual to lead our business incubation programs. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of our incubator facilities, fostering the success of tenant businesses, and building an entrepreneurial community. The Manager will also be tasked with strengthening the connection between our business incubators and workforce development programs, utilizing both current programs and the development of new programs. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, including a generous paid leave package and health insurance. Salary is $45,000 – $55,000, depending on experience.
• Supervise the day-to-day operations of our commercial properties and two business incubator facilities, the Madison Enterprise Center and Main Street Industries, including the marketing and leasing of suites, enforcement of lease provisions, and coordination of maintenance needs.
• Foster success of tenant businesses by meeting regularly with tenants to understand goals and challenges and matching businesses with resources and mentors in the community.
• Build an entrepreneurial community within and around our facilities by planning and executing tenant engagement events and establishing connections with other organizations and individuals in the greater Madison entrepreneurial support community.
• Increase the connection between the business incubators and CWD’s workforce development programs. Design new programming to integrate these efforts.
• Develop and manage program budgets.
• Work collaboratively with CWD staff to further the goal of equitable economic development.
• Produce and deliver both internal and external reports on the state of the business incubation and development programs.
• Experience in commercial property management and leasing.
• Experience in entrepreneurship, and/or supporting entrepreneurs.
• Knowledge of the key players in the Madison entrepreneurial ecosystem.
• Experience in workforce development programs.
• Experience in program design.
• 2+ years in a leadership or program management role.
• Supervisory experience.
• Commitment to racial justice and health equity.
• High level of motivation and ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities at once.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
• Proficient in word processing and database programs, especially Microsoft Office.
• Experience with the property management software AppFolio.
Common Wealth Development values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We value the work of our local schools and educators, and graduates of Madison area high schools are strongly encouraged to apply. Our team is diverse in every sense of the word, but united in our linked fate, shared prosperity, and our commitment to an upstream approach to racial justice, health equity and violence prevention.
Fill out an employment application and submit a complete application packet to:
1501 Williamson Street
Madison, WI 53703
or by email to email@example.com.
Application packets must contain each of the following:
- a completed employment application;
- a resume; and
- a cover letter describing your experience:
– supporting entrepreneurs;
– in commercial property management; and,
– with workforce development programs.
Applications are considered complete only when all three items are received. Applications are available online at www.cwd.org and at the address above.
Applications accepted until position filled.
No faxes. No calls, except to confirm receipt of application.
Common Wealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diverse life experience in its hiring process. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.